Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall, beer, and cherries jubilee


Happy Monday! And hello again Cube Farm: Please be pleasant this week; I promise I will try to stay calm and blog on.

Official Poster, Courtesy of  oktoberfest.de/en/ 
I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Fall turned up nicely in Virginia (hooray that Mr. Weatherman was wrong about the rain!) and Oktoberfest started worldwide. For those who celebrated: cheers! And for those who still want to: you have until Oct. 7 before this festival ends! If you’d rather celebrate in the most authentic way, grab a plane ticket and a friend, and head out to the birthplace of Oktoberfest: Munich, Germany. You’ve already missed the traditional tapping of the keg by the mayor to open Oktoberfest, but you still have time to get into the festivities. If you go, expect a carnival atmosphere with lots of beer, food, music, and dancing! (Share your stories if you have been!)

Cherries Jubilee, Courtesy of foodista.com
And if you want something to celebrate today: it's Cherries Jubilee Day! If you can’t get your hands on some cherries jubilee ice cream, try making an adult version of the real stuff:

  • can of cherry pie filling
  • cognac (or brandy)
  • vanilla ice cream
 Mmm, that’s a great way to start a Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Oktoberfest... makes me crave beer and wienerschnitzel. I wish I was there to celebrate all of these things with you! I'm definitely going to try making cherries jubilee. Dark cherry icecream is one of my faves! I still can't resist the version from Baskin Robbins. It all started when Lana worked there - remember that? Hmmm, me thinks a trip to Baskin Robbins is in order...

    ReplyDelete